Thursday, July 24, 2008

So Proud Of Myself



I am not a huge seafood fan. Sad I know since I live in Florida. On occasions I do like to eat a good grouper sandwich or some stone crabs when I get the craving. I have never been able to cook fish myself. I tried a few times & the product was far from edible. On our trip to Longboat key with friends this past 4th of July, my friend J made the best grouper sandwiches. So of course I watched and took notes. So tonight I figured I'd give it a try. I got my grouper, my Old Bay Blackened seasoning and a cast iron pan. For once in my life I made grouper that I actually enjoyed eating. The house got a little smokey, but otherwise dinner was great.

2 comments:

Nancy at the Farm said...

Not to dismiss your lovely fishy food, but we were wondering where Winston is? It is all well and good to be eating brain food but what about Mr. Winston? We hope that you will let us know and please put the fish in a mailing envelope and send to us in Oregon by overnight express. We are very hungry and our kibble is very dry and not filling at all.

Sincerely, Dozer and Cooper and Dottie

Punchbugpug said...

There is definitly an are to cooking fish. If your not a big fish lover Tilapia is good...very mild.

Up here everyone is trying to push me to eat Salmon....ugh..I just don't care for it.