Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Not So Good For Dogs



Our home is quiet today, with only two dogs. This morning our Pugs Winston & Nina got into some Orbit gum, which is very toxic to dogs. I gave Winston hydrogen peroxide to make him vomit, which he did several times. Winston is usually the culprit when it comes to getting into things he shouldn't. I wasn't sure if Nina got into any of it, but she was walking around the house with a piece of the box in her mouth. So this morning we made a trip to the doggie ER to make sure they would be okay. You can visit the ASPCA website for an article on the toxicity of Xylitol, an artificial sweetener found in gum & candy along with other foods.  

6 comments:

Melissa and Emmitt said...

oh how are they feeling. thank goodness you knew what to do!
thank you for sharing.
melissa

Puddleglum said...

Oh! Paws crossed for the puggies!

Dozer and Coop said...

Never knew about the gum! Thanks for the link!

Dozer, Cooper and Dottie

Clover said...

Uh oh! Hope Winston and Nina are doing alright now. Sending puggy hugs and kisses to them.
Love Clover xo

Punchbugpug said...

Oh gosh...I'm never buying gum again....

Staci and Damon said...

Thank you so much for the information! I wouldn't have given it much thought if my dogs got into gum, but I will now!